THE best ever salmon glaze/sauce

So, when we were in Alaska, we went to the Liarsville Salmon Bake in Ketchikan. I have to say that it was probably one of the best meals I have had anywhere, anytime. The salmon, was heaven, since obviously it was local, but the sauce was soooo good. The cook told me the recipe, but by the time I got home I had forgotten it. I searched the web and finally found it.  I'm soooo happy I found it. I will find somewhere on here to post it.....



It has come to my attention that I NEVER posted the recipe!   OMG.  DUH. 
So here it is: 

In a double boiler melt: 
1/2 LB of butter
2-3 Cups of brown sugar
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of pineapple juice

Add the juices after the butter and brown sugar has combined.   Simmer on low heat, stirring frequently.   I like to marinate the salmon with some of the sauce and then when I'm cooking the salmon, baste with the sauce and you should still have enough to serve on the side. 

It's amazing.  Sorry I forgot to post it!!!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hungarian Rice (yes Lisa-Hungarian Rice)

Chicken Alfredo that would send Paula Deen into a diabetic coma. (Can I airmail chicken alfredo?)