Paula Deen vs. Anthony Bourdain







So, Paula Deen has recently announced that she has Type 2 Diabetes and not suprisingly has suddenly become a spokeswoman for Diabetes medication. (there's a fucking shock) What makes me laugh are people who think this is some kind of news.


I mean, here is this chunky southern woman, who can't go without saying "Ya'll" fifty times in a sentence on TV teaching people how to make hoho cakes and twinkie pies. I mean this woman eats Crisco with a spoon for chrissakes.


So, now that she's contracted this disease and has signed on to become a spokesperson for Diabetes medication, she's going to preach to people about healthy eating? What horseshit. I've never, ever liked Paula Deen. Just listening to her talk makes me want to die.

I had to laugh this morning as I read this excerpt from People Magazine Online this morning. It features the feud between Paula and Anthony Bourdain, whom I adore. He's a straight shooter who tells it like it is and doesn't take bullshit from anyone:



The feud continues, y'all!

Anthony Bourdain, who famously blasted Food Network star Paula Deen last year, calling her the "most dangerous person to America," has weighed in on the news that Deen – known for whipping up decadent desserts like Twinkie pie and coconut chocolate chip gooey cake – suffers from type 2 diabetes and is now a paid spokeswoman for a diabetes medication.


In a thinly veiled Tweet hours after Deen's announcement on Tuesday, the outspoken New York chef wrote: "Thinking of getting into the leg-breaking business, so I can profitably sell crutches later."

Last summer Bourdain called Deen the "most dangerous person to America" who's "proud of the fact that her food is f------ bad for you."

At the time, Deen – whose recipes include chocolate cheese fudge made with Velveeta – fired back that Bourdain should "get a life".

Name-calling aside, trainer Bob Harper says Deen needs to overhaul her life for the sake of her fans and her own health.


"Her food is just entirely too decadent. If you eat like that, it's going to come back and bite you," says Harper, who is helping a new crop of overweight contestants shed pounds on season 13 of NBC's The Biggest Loser. "She's going to have to get in the kitchen and find a way to get creative with the foods she loves to eat, make them healthier."


And striking an even gentler note, Dr. Travis Stork, ER physician and co-host of The Doctors, adds: "Life is all about choices. The light bulb moment has to happen for everyone – hopefully this is Paula's."


You know, it's not hard to cook unhealthy food. In fact, it's a piece of cake. There are a ton of cooking shows on TV teaching everybody how to whip up shit that can put you into a diabetic coma or allow you to gain 50 pounds in one seating. What I want to see is a cooking show that really, truly aims to teach people how to cook healthy. Oh, there are a few out there that claim to cook healthy but don't let them fool you. Olive Oil ain't all it's cracked up to be. Trust me.

Some of you know I started my new cooking blog to share recipes I've found that are heart healthy, due to my husband's restrictive diet.  Please don't think that I'll ever stop cooking the unhealthy recipes that we all love, because I won't.  I am however learning to cook both ways and I'm hoping to add more recipes every day as I learn to cook this shit that's good for you. And, I can only hope to get better at it. So, you can bookmark my new blog which is:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE best ever salmon glaze/sauce

Hungarian Rice (yes Lisa-Hungarian Rice)

Chicken Alfredo that would send Paula Deen into a diabetic coma. (Can I airmail chicken alfredo?)